Thursday, January 14, 2010

once upon a time in Paris......

last year in march, renee richetts and i held a workshop in Paris - it was a total dream come true, heavenly actually- and to top that off, it was totally affordable.  yep, renee organized the event, she rented a massive house in the most trendy part of Paris a 1/2 block from the Pompidou Museum and cultural district - renee, me and my family plus 12 others met in Paris and had a workshop plus art seeing trip together.   i taught paintovers and renee taught 3 -d art (which i thought was totally awesome).  it was amazing and a great time of year to travel there, as it happens
so,  if you are interested in reading about it--- then pick up the next issue of Somerset Studio Memories.  I wrote an article about it.
So what about this painting?    well, this is from a photo of  the grandfolks of artist and attendee, Linda Demascos Weber from Chicago.  I used the image to demonstrate the paintover technique - using a large brush (acrylics) and to paint rapidly.  later, i applied the stamped images .  More on that later...

5 comments:

aimee said...

groovy world you have, lisa! glad to find you! xo aimee

Joy Logan said...

omg I just cant do it! LOVE the ones on Etsy I got.

Lisa Bebi said...

thank you JOY - as soon as i get your folks back from stampingotn - you will have more.
and aimee - love your blog. i love doodling so much - but i am not any good at it myself.

Anonymous said...

bonjour Lisa :) je suis Oclara

htp://klamocia.blogspot.com

j'aime beaucoup tes peintures

Anonymous said...

Hi Lisa, first time to your blog. This piece caught my eye. I like the colour combination and something about the couple's pose stirs the imagination.

Search This Blog