Thursday, January 15, 2009

handmade cloth

i finished 6 art quilts today and sent them off to somerset studio magazine. they were approximately 2' x 3'. unfortunately, i took a pic of them with my daughter's rosie's camera. apparently she lost the connecting wire to upload it to the computer - so until we find it (have you seen my house? might never find it - it's probably somewhere near lost socks) i will have to make do with scanning what i have.
so, here are some tidbits of the cloth i created to for backgrounds of the art quilts.

i was lucky, last week while shopping with my lovely daughter, brooke, (who is one great recession-eista and is learning to make EVERYTHING herself)at jo-ann's we spotted a bolt of unbleached muslin with a soft hand for only $15. i think bolt was 25 yards. this was one happy find.
i probably created about 8 yards of fabric that looks somethings like the above. it was fun just painting and spraying ink and aging dye and drawing on it until i felt the piece was done. then i created the center of interest - a paintover on cloth of various people. three of glam girls and three of prairie girls. the result was pretty - well, paintover-like.
now if you will excuse me, i will be looking for the camera connecting cable for awhile.

1 comment:

Joy Logan said...

Can't wait to see them gf!!! Hey plz stop by my blog tell me what you think of my larger art series I've done since 2001.

Search This Blog