Sunday, December 21, 2008
(pictured here is a very clean pool - in Gubbio, Italy)
ten things i don't like to see or experience at the swimming pool (lap swimming):
top ten list, number 2 in a small series.
1. anything left behind from someone's body! (groooosss).
2. too many people in one lane. i hate to swim laps and to be touched on the feet or anywhere else by a stranger.
3. people floating in the water with obvious lesions/ infected spots.......
4. finding debris at the bottom of the pool (these are things i have actually seen, apart from the obvious stuff); rocks, dirt-clods, candy wrappers, grapes/fruit, feminine hygiene products, hair balls, apples, beer cans, marbles, paper towels/toilet paper, folding chairs, umbrellas, tables, sandwiches, cakes, rats (dead and alive).
5. i hate to have an unidentifiable taste in my mouth after swimming. sometimes lasts all day - usually a coppery taste. OK, i don't want to think about #3 or #1 on this list.......
6. men with too much body hair on their backs, etc. women with too much body hair on their backs, etc.
7. anyone is a chlorine-riddled swimsuit.
8. burnt eyes and brittle dry skin/hair
9. inhaling chorine. and
number 10. bombarding canon-balling kids (i think i have come full circle, see previous post).